8 Up & Coming K-Beauty Influencers To Follow
After attending the first Seoul Blogger Brunch some months back, I not only walked away with a huge bag of K-Beauty products from companies like COSRX, Eunogo, Tiam and more, but I had also had the opportunity to meet up with some K-Beauty movers and shakers.
Since I walked into the event knowing very little about what I was stepping into and didn’t know what half of the products in my bag even do (still learning what an ampoule is good for), these ladies have been an invaluable resource for all of my many questions. I consider myself a general consumer. A general consumer that didn’t know there was a difference between dry and dehydrated skin. If you laugh at that, well, that’s okay, I’ve never really had trouble skin so I basically let it do its thing while I did mine. But, it never hurts to learn something new so I thought I’d introduce some of my favorite K-Beauty You Tubers and Bloggers and let them tell you about some of their favorite Korean beauty companies. Let us all learn a bit more is what I say. Let’s dig in!
(This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a certain percentage of a sale if you purchase after clicking at no cost to you! These funds go to maintain the site. Thank you for your support.)
1. Star Lengas – 87 Pages
2. Sarah Oh – Oh My Gloss
3. Lisa Kim – Beauty Bemused
On Be Mused Korea
Do you want to have your own K-beauty treatments here in Seoul? There are tons of places to go and things to try. Here are a few good options to start with:
- Join a professional Korean-style beauty consultation and experience. Consult experts and professionals regarding how to dress up and put on products suited for you and you alone!
- Visit the Spa 1899 to get various spa packages to fit your needs from rejuvenation to slow-aging treatments.
- Stop into the Whoo Spa Nonhyeon, a spa popular with celebrities and clients traveling from near and far. You will be taken to a relaxing oriental environment where you will receive spa treatment using medicinal herb products from LG’s premium cosmetic brands, OHUI, Whoo, and SU:M.
- Visit the popular Sulwhasoo Spa in Gangnam for unique treatment rituals, done by the most experienced of therapists.
4. Katherine Spowart – Skinfull of Seoul
Whilst I’m yet to try one of their products I dislike, I do have some star favorites:
- Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence- snail mucin is not a passing trend, but an established skincare power ingredient, and this product has firmly held its place in my routine for the past two years. It’s 96% snail mucin, and is completely reliable when it comes to soothing and helping repair angry, irritated skin.
- BHA Blackhead Power Liquid- this is a very mild, yet effective BHA liquid. It helps keep my pores clean and clear around my nose area.
- Acne Pimple Master Patch- I’m yet to find any other product that can help bring down angry pimples the way these patches do. They work overnight, and have never let me down. Pimples heal and disappear so much faster using these, and they’ve come to my rescue countless times.
5. Unity Jackson
I love Wishtrend.com because it was one of the first Seoul based K-Beauty online stores that I found which offered all it’s information and ordering in English. They stock Cosrx and Klairs which are easily two of the best K-skincare brands and more recently they started their own line ByWishtrend. They actually understand that women are getting ingredients-savvy and won’t put up with magical faux science advertising anymore. They even gave a great YouTube channel where they teach you how to use the products they sell, which is great because Korean style skincare can be confusing if you’re new to it.
Follow Unity Jackson on INSTAGRAM
6. Taya Sunaz – K Beauty Unnie
Are you a K-beauty skincare junkie? If you are then most likely you may have already heard of Troiareuke, but if not then please let me quickly do the honor and introduce you to this amazing brand! Troiareuke is a Korean skincare brand specializing in holistic solutions such as chroma therapy, aromatherapy and herb therapy for skin concerns such as anti-aging, skin hyper-pigmentation, sensitivity and dryness. Some of their best sellers include H+ Cushion, H+ Cream, Pore Control Mask and the ACSEN line. Here are my top Troiareuke products that you should know about and definitely try!
7. Ashley Massey – 7 Seasons Style
Tiam is one of those up and coming K-beauty brands that I love. The brand has only been around for a couple years and are most famous for their bubble masks. They have expanded their product lines into targeted skincare concerns, including one for brightening (My Signature C-Source), pores and oily skin (My Little Pore Fix Source), and peeling (Aura Milk Face Peel). Tiam also makes 2 bubble masks as well as an anti-pollution scrub which are staples in my summer skincare routine.
8. Dot Moore – Suki In Seoul
On Wish Formula
Wish Formula is a skincare line based on the technology of fermentation without chemical processing. Focused on boosting your skin’s own ability to renew itself while cutting out toxic chemicals and allergy inducing materials. The patented fermentation process helps each of its unique and customizable products penetrate more deeply into the skin. Natural extracts further support the fermented ingredients to create a safe yet extremely effective skincare routine. For more