The Trickeye Museum: NEW Augmented Reality & A Giveaway Too!
The Trickeye Museum recently updated their already 3D fun space with augmented reality that literally brings the awesome paintings to life and I just had to see it for myself.
I headed to the space with my daughter and fellow vlogger friend Arielle from Soju4Two. While the paintings on the walls are the same as they were when I visited at the end of 2015 with my daughter who was just 1, they’ve been given new life with a new app that shows off the augmented reality of the paintings. For more pictures of the paintings, check out that older post about Trickeye revamped.
Users will see the dragons, sharks and more that already stood out due the 3 dimensional “trick of the eye” techniques leap off the wall. Now, not only are photos awesome, but visitors can make some amazing videos. Floors and ceilings of all of the spaces have been painted with vibrant colors and arrows provide direction for where to stand to make the photos come out just right. The app is even better because it automatically knows how to bring the paintings to life without any clicks or info from the user. Can I repeat how super user friendly it is?
Point and shoot and just let that magic happen.
Not all of the paintings come to life, so it does take a bit of moving around to figure out which ones do, but the ones that do are fun, quirky and some are even a bit romantic in the way they suddenly begin to move.
In the first room, the dragons blow fire and smoke and the sharks have steamy smiles. While these paintings were just fine for my one year old, now that she’s two, she was a bit frightened of these toothy scary beings so we quickly went into the next rooms with more friendly paintings. The ballerinas shine with falling glitter in the video and fireworks brighten the dancers. Rain seems to fall all around the umbrella holders and flower petals drop from the sky on the lotus flower. If you’re looking to go make a scary video, there are scenes that will help with that, but if you wanted to stick to the more romantic and two year old friendly scenes, there are plenty of those too. There are augmented reality scenes for any one that visits it seems.
To really see the AR in action, you need to check out Arielle’s video and you’ll see what I’m talking about.
How super fun does that look? Seriously! Am I right?
The entire building is really chalk full of fun spaces. Get a combined ticket to some of the other quirky museums in the building including the Ice Museum and the Love Museum. And if that’s not enough, even getting a latte will be fun here. Just a few months ago CaFace, the fun cafe that allows you to get a lifelike photo of your face right on the latte foam moved into the building. If you schedule allows, the Trick Eye Museum is a great spot in Hongdae to spend a couple hours taking photos and having a different kind of fun with friends or family.
Now for a bonus, I am lucky enough to be able to giveaway some free tickets to TrickEye so you can really test out their new augmented reality backdrops for yourself.
ENTER TO WIN!
What Is Up For Grabs: FOURTEEN tickets for FREE entrance to the Trickeye Museum in Seoul, Korea. Tickets include entrance to the Trickeye Museum & Ice Museum. Tickets will be valid at the Trickeye Museum in Hongdae, Seoul, Korea until January 31, 2017.
How Many Winners: 7 winners, each gets TWO tickets
Time Frame: May 18, 2017 ~ May 24, 2017
To Enter: Leave your name and email address & like The Soul of Seoul Facebook Page
357-1 Seogyo-dong B2 Mapo-gu, Seoul
Hours: 9:00am ~ 9:00pm (last admission at 8:00pm)
Admission: Adults: W18,000, Children/Seniors: W12,000
Directions: Go to Hongik University Subway Station, exit 9. Walk straight until you come to an intersection with a crosswalk and a light. Cross the crosswalk still walking straight from the station and after crossing, turn left. Walk straight and turn right onto the second alley and the TrickEye Museum will be past the first alley on your right.
Amenities: Parking lot (VERY FEW SPOTS AVAILABLE), bathrooms, caricature artists, cafe with drinks
Did you like this post? Pin It!
- No purchase necessary.
- Prize is 2 entrance tickets to the Trickeye Museum & Ice Museum. No other prize or compensation is included. Trickeye Museum provided me the opportunity to give away these tickets to my readers. If Trickeye Museum does not fulfill your prize, The Soul of Seoul and its owner are not responsible for prize fulfillment (i.e., The Soul of Seoul will not buy you any tickets to Trickeye Museum).
- Open to individuals 18 years or older; void where prohibited.
- Winners names and email address will ONLY be shared with the management at Trickeye in order for them to get the tickets to YOU.
- One entry per person; unless entrant fulfills optional entry, in which case two entries total per person are permitted.
- Giveaway ends Wednesday, May 24, 2017, at 12:00 a.m. Seoul time. Winners will be selected randomly and notified via the e-mail provided by Trickeye Museum management (i.e., the e-mail you used for the mandatory entry) within one week of the giveaway ending.
- Winner agrees to allow The Soul of Seoul to share his/her e-mail address and first and last name to Trickeye Museum for fulfillment of the prize.
- Prize unclaimed after 10 days from notification is forfeited and The Soul of Seoul reserves the right to select another winner.
- The Soul of Seoul reserves the right to cancel the giveaway at any time.
Disclosure: No compensation was received to facilitate this giveaway. The Soul of Seoul is not associated with the company above and is not responsible for sponsors that do not fulfill prize obligations. This event is in no way administered, sponsored, or endorsed by, or associated with, Facebook and/or Twitter, Google, Pinterest. This disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements. If you have any questions or are a brand/company and would like to work with The Soul of Seoul, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org